Go behind the runways with W and sit front row at the world’s hottest shows to get the first looks at the most fabulous fashion. In each issue of W, you’ll discover fashion that is elegant, opulent, and colorful, plus people, parties, and Hollywood — all like you’ve never seen them before. And with your subscription, you’ll get the must-have, super-sized Spring and Fall Fashion Issues!
Who Reads W?
Boasting a big, over-sized format, W informs and inspires an exclusive, sophisticated reader on fashion, style, and the art of living. With its smart features and artistic photography, W feeds both the eye and the mind. W‘s readers include celebrities, couture customers, industry icons, art collectors, fashion insiders, producers and directors.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
Regular Departments include:
- The Month in Fashion: Round-up of the industry’s news.
- Fast Forward: A look at who is defining style.
- Uncensored: Insider style and cultural news.
- Trend: Of-the-moment.
- Fashion Flash: Multiple pages on fashion trends.
- Accessories Flash: Multiple pages on accessories trends.
- Shopping: What’s hot now.
- Beauty Flash: Beauty trends.
- Travel Flash: Unique travel destinations (periodic).
- Home Flash: Dazzling residences in special locales (periodic).
- Eye: Short profiles on people, places and trends; photos from the latest parties.
- Fashion: Extended fashion coverage.
- Profile: In-depth feature stories on people making news in fashion/art/entertainment/home design/society.
- Last Laugh: Commentary.
- Features: In addition to its regular departments, each W issue has a different editorial focus: January-Pre Spring Fashion, February-Hollywood A-List, March-Spring Fashion Spectacular, April-The Beauty Issue, May-W Does Luxury, June-Celebrity Uncensored, July-“Trunk Show” Pre Fall Fashion, August-The Accessories Issue, September-Fall Fashion Spectacular, October-Hollywood Men, November-The Art Issue, December-The Holiday Jewelry & Watch Issue.
W is written and edited by an exclusive team of highly knowledgeable style insiders who contribute an ever-evolving mix of smart, sophisticated articles that anticipate trends, showcase innovations in style and profile important personalities in the fashion and cultural zeitgeist.
W is BIG, CINEMATIC, DRAMATIC in look and design. W is filled with photography and photographic essays that feature innovative and sophisticated approaches to stylistic expression, showcased on its luxurious, four-color, oversized glossy pages. W features the work of extraordinary, world-renowned photographers, such as Bruce Weber and Steven Klein, who work to create iconic images that stir the imagination and senses. The majority of readers come to W for its visual inspiration and artistic sensibility.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
W is more than a fashion magazine. It is a finely designed work of art, providing readers creative inspiration through unique insights into the word of fashion, style and luxury. The magazine presents the reader with the most cutting edge, creative artistic vision through powerful photographic images that are unmatched by any other magazine.
Each W issue features a wide variety of luxury advertisers, comprising approximately half of the magazine’s total pages, including fashion, accessories, jewelry, beauty, luxury travel, automotive and fine spirits categories. W‘s advertising is considered by readers to be nearly as inspiring and appealing as its articles and photographic features.
In 2008, W was again recognized with two National Magazine Awards nominations — for General Excellence and Photography, adding to 14 nominations and three wins in the last ten years.