Say YES today and get started making delicious, healthy meals the whole family will love! You’ll get hundreds of recipes designed for a healthier lifestyle. With a focus on simple recipes, you’ll finally be able to fit healthy eating in to your busy schedule. This is not about dieting. It’s about making healthy changes that can last a lifetime. Plus you can rest assured that every recipe in Cooking Light has been tasted and tested in our world-renowned test-kitchen to ensure that every dish will come out right the first time, every time. You have our word on it!
Who Reads Cooking Light?
Cooking Light is a trusted source for those who want to cook and enjoy healthy, delicious food. Whether you’re in a hurry to prepare a quick and easy dinner tonight or need a game plan for the perfect party, Cooking Light offers nutritious, kitchen-tested recipes for every day living or special occasions. And whether you’re a novice or an adventurous cook you’ll find great food and healthy lifestyle tips in every issue.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Recipe Index is positioned immediately after the Table of Contents and includes recipe listings by category, including tags for Quick and Easy and Kid-friendly, as well as Staff Favorite recipes.
- Editors’ Dozen is a seasonally oriented selection of 13 fun and healthy food, fitness, and lifestyle items, products, and news.
- Superfast features 20-minute dishes that are simple, fresh, and easy entrées.
- The Stress-Free Zone provides strategies for dealing with everyday stressful situations, such as staying on schedule during a hectic morning, job interviews, medical tests, and more.
- Ask Our Dietician answers to questions from readers about their dietary dilemmas.
- Moves of the Month shows effective, simple workouts, along with gear and nutrition tips.
- Taste Test evaluates food products, such as pasta sauce or soy sauces and recommends those offering the best quality, value, and nutrition.
- Travel explores the flavors of top destinations, such as San Francisco or Atlanta, through its iconic dishes. Includes travel recommendations and recipes that exemplify the area’s cuisine.
- Wine matches favorite foods with appropriate wines. Seasonally chosen with references to recipes in the issue.
- Beauty offers ways to look younger and improve your appearance and well-being.
- Menu Navigator examines popular restaurant foods and helps you make the healthiest choices.
- New Uses for Everyday Ingredients discusses three common pantry ingredients and provides interesting and lesser known uses for each.
- Kitchen is a roundup of useful tools, including equipment, gadgets, and other favorites.
- Dinner Tonight is Cooking Light’s most popular department with 7 time-tested, fast meals with tips and game plans to make life easier. Plus shopping list.
- Nutrition Made Easy features healthy eating tips with recipes devoted to a single topic.
- Cooking Class shows step-by-step methods for making a popular comfort food, and provides ways to build on the basics for more creative variations.
- Recipe Makeover lightens a classic recipe but maintains all the taste of the traditional version.
- Budget Cooking offers recipes that feed 4 for under $10.
- Reader Recipes features the very best recipes from the more than 12 million readers of Cooking Light.
- Kitchen How-To illustrates quick cooking techniques.
- Everyday Vegetarian showcases vegetarian fare that suits the season.
- Recipe Hall of Fame highlights one recipe that is absolutely, positively best of class.
- Feature Articles in Cooking Light offer highly evocative and beautiful photos of food and recipes, and delve in depth with topics ranging from seasonal cuisine to nutrition, and from cooking instruction to profiles of intriguing people in the food world. The entire feature sections in our June and November issues are presented in cookbook format, as well as special sections on how to start the year out right and the best of the holidays.
The new design of Cooking Light features photos with every recipe and a design format that emphasizes light and airy pages, brief text and fun graphics. The food comes alive on the pages thanks to vibrant colors and natural light settings, and cooking technique is made simple with step-by-step instructions that couldn’t be easier to follow. The focus is on reader service, and articles offer tips, shopping advice, nutrition facts, cooking short cuts, and hundreds of helpful bits that make Cooking Light a great learning tool and source of inspiration. Click on any image below to see select pages:
Cooking Light contributors range from internationally renowned chefs to home cooks. They also include nutrition experts and award-winning science writers. A variety of best-selling cookbook authors and recipe developers are regular contributors, as well.
Cooking Light has top 5 advertising categories that reflect the magazine’s editorial focus on healthy living. The top category is food and beverage followed by DTC/OTC, home, travel and beauty.
Cooking Light is recognized as a trusted brand with a 22-year heritage. In 2008, Cooking Light received the Media Excellence Award from the American Dietetic Association, marking the first time the world’s largest organization has presented the distinction to a consumer magazine. Over the years Cooking Light has been honored with multiple industry and consumer awards including: IACP Cookbook Award, Eddie Awards Gold Winner, AdWeek Hot List: Top 10 Magazines, Amazon.com’s 4th Most popular subscription and MIN “Most Notable Launch of the Past Two Decades”.
Cooking Light‘s brand power extends beyond the pages of the magazine, being named a 2009 Official Honoree by the prestigious Webby Awards.